B Cador: July 2017
Our Y6 children have been reflecting on their science teaching and learning this year.
This is what they said they enjoyed:
- Designing and making periscopes — with cross curricular links to art, maths, history, DT and literacy — light
- Shadow puppets — light
- Making an alarmed box — electricity
- Heart dissection / making blood smoothies — heart and circulatory system
- Eggsperiments — osmosis — heart and circulatory system
- Skittles diffusion — heart and circulatory system
This is what they said about why they enjoyed their science
A huge thank you to Mrs Clarke for organising and delivering science of such high interest and quality.
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
This week we wanted to share our science and artwork with you all.We have been learning about the circulatory system and, after making our blood smoothies, we have looked closer at what is in the blood, what carries it and what our key organs do within this system. We have combined this knowledge with art, using range of skills to create artwork which represents this system. This is something...
I thought I would share Base 2's outstanding portraits. Can you guess who they are? We sketched our faces and then used oil...
Base 5 it has been simply wonderful having your lovely faces back in the classroom, all refreshed and eager to learn. We have had a super first week back, filled with fun and obviously lots of learning! We have played maths games- you can see the tension on the children's faces; could they roll the digit they needed or would it lose the game for them? In our English we have begun our own...