B Cador: November 2017
Last night, staff hosted another curriculum workshop; this time focussing on maths.
A particular emphasis was placed on sharing the practical resources and methods used to teach the four operations using Numicon, Deines, Cuisenaire rods and bar modelling as well as a focus on explaining the learning of maths through the 'concrete' and 'pictorial' stages before working in the 'abstract'.
There was 100% positive feedback with all agreeing or strongly agreeing that:
Many thanks to Miss Phillips, Miss Pitchford, Mrs Heaton and Mrs Charlesworth for the time and effort put into hosting the workshop, which was very well received:
- Absolutely brilliant — this will help me help my children. An excellent presentation. Thank you (YR/Y1)
- Useful to see materials used in school. I can refer to these at home to support. Would be interested in the calculations workshop also (Y3)
- Really useful as I had no knowledge of how maths was taught and happy that I can support X at home now (YR)
- I enjoyed learning how you would use a bar model to work out fractions (Y1/Y5)
- Useful information to help with homework/learning at home. Good opportunities to ask questions too! (Y1/Y5)
- It is lovely to be kept up to speed with what the children are learning. There is nothing worse than being asked by your child to help and not be able to. I don't have that problem now. Thank you. (Y1/Y2)
- Keep doing these workshops! (Y2)
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
We are all beginning to feel a little sadness about our year 6 pupils leaving us but what a lovely surprise they received this morning. Freya kindly made them a very special garden, filled with lovely flowers and stones- this really made them smile; what a kind thing to do. Thank you...
WOW! The summer fair raised a fantastic £1873.26 on Saturday with an additional £200 donated by the village shop.A huge thank you to FOWS and all who supported to raise such an amazing amount to help us continue to offer the very best for our children at Wrenbury. Many, many thanks for the very generous donation too — much appreciated. What a wonderful community we belong to!...
My goodness — we couldn't be more proud of Max and Harley; they have been the most wonderful news readers! The children all cheered and thanked the boys for their interesting and engaging assemblies, speaking of their favourite memories which included: women's football, the red moon, solar eclipses and cricket! Max and Harley, thank you so much — you will be greatly missed but I know...
St Margaret's Church