B Cador: December 2019
Christmas at Wrenbury has well and truly started:
- We've sung for Aston WI; at the Wingate Centre's Christmas Winter Wonderland and to our friends at Wrenbury Nursing Home;
- We've hosted a Christmas Fair with the generous support and organisation of FOWS and raised over £1000 for school;
- Children in Y2 have enjoyed a visit to Broomhall Chapel to meet the Nativity characters;
- Base 1 and 2 have led this year's school nativity with their singing and performance of The Inn-spectors;
- Little Wrens, joined by Base 1, have sung Christmas songs for parents
and that is all before we begin our countdown to Christmas in our final week
- KS2 lead a Christmas Carol Service at St Margaret's on Tuesday evening at 6pm, where they will sing a collection of traditional carols — all are welcome to join us!
- We have our Christmas Lunch, ably prepared by Mrs Warner and Mrs Speed, on Wednesday
- Wednesday is also our day for Christmas jumpers and Christmas party fun.
Then, there are only two more busy days to go before we break up for the Christmas holiday and hopefully, at some point, a well-earned rest before an exciting new year begins!
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
It was lovely to receive the following email this morning, following our contribution to the Service at Chester Cathedral yesterday. I would just like to congratulate all who were involved in any way with the Service at Chester Cathedral yesterday.The children's behaviour was impeccable all the time they were there, even when not on show.Please give special thanks to the 2 children, who...
I am so proud of all the children who took part in this afternoon's service at Chester Cathedral led by leaders of different denominations in the Christian Church and attended by Lord David Alton of Liverpool and MP Fiona Bruce. The theme of the service, for Christian Prayer Week, was 'Unusual Kindness' and as a school, who embrace the ethos 'we all matter', it was a...
Busy bees again in Base 5. In English we have been learning about the etymology of words- we discovered that many words stemmed from the Ancient Greeks! In maths we have really been developing our knowledge of decimals and fractions- we are becoming experts! We have also had great fun in our music lessons, learning new songs and singing in two parts- well done everyone. We have also be en...