B Cador: December 2019
Christmas at Wrenbury has well and truly started:
- We've sung for Aston WI; at the Wingate Centre's Christmas Winter Wonderland and to our friends at Wrenbury Nursing Home;
- We've hosted a Christmas Fair with the generous support and organisation of FOWS and raised over £1000 for school;
- Children in Y2 have enjoyed a visit to Broomhall Chapel to meet the Nativity characters;
- Base 1 and 2 have led this year's school nativity with their singing and performance of The Inn-spectors;
- Little Wrens, joined by Base 1, have sung Christmas songs for parents
and that is all before we begin our countdown to Christmas in our final week
- KS2 lead a Christmas Carol Service at St Margaret's on Tuesday evening at 6pm, where they will sing a collection of traditional carols — all are welcome to join us!
- We have our Christmas Lunch, ably prepared by Mrs Warner and Mrs Speed, on Wednesday
- Wednesday is also our day for Christmas jumpers and Christmas party fun.
Then, there are only two more busy days to go before we break up for the Christmas holiday and hopefully, at some point, a well-earned rest before an exciting new year begins!
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
Wow, what a week! This week we have been very, very lucky to have our incredible local artist Sarah Capper from Doodleicous art join us. We started our project this week by learning how she became an artist with her own business. The children were inspired by Sarah, wowed by her artwork and intrigued by the business side of art too. The children explored some of the art, looked at past sketch...
Little Wrens took part in 'International Dough Disco Day' last week. Schools across the globe joined in and we received a certificate for...
Base 3 and 5 were lucky enough to have a special virtual visitor in class this afternoon. Lucy from Chester Zoo spoke to the classes about the different animals that live in the rainforests and how deforestation is affecting them. We all found it really interesting especially the parts about the snakes, orang-utans and jaguars! The children asked some fantastic questions about conservation and...