B Cador: December 2019
Christmas at Wrenbury has well and truly started:
- We've sung for Aston WI; at the Wingate Centre's Christmas Winter Wonderland and to our friends at Wrenbury Nursing Home;
- We've hosted a Christmas Fair with the generous support and organisation of FOWS and raised over £1000 for school;
- Children in Y2 have enjoyed a visit to Broomhall Chapel to meet the Nativity characters;
- Base 1 and 2 have led this year's school nativity with their singing and performance of The Inn-spectors;
- Little Wrens, joined by Base 1, have sung Christmas songs for parents
and that is all before we begin our countdown to Christmas in our final week
- KS2 lead a Christmas Carol Service at St Margaret's on Tuesday evening at 6pm, where they will sing a collection of traditional carols — all are welcome to join us!
- We have our Christmas Lunch, ably prepared by Mrs Warner and Mrs Speed, on Wednesday
- Wednesday is also our day for Christmas jumpers and Christmas party fun.
Then, there are only two more busy days to go before we break up for the Christmas holiday and hopefully, at some point, a well-earned rest before an exciting new year begins!
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
This week we wanted to share our science and artwork with you all.We have been learning about the circulatory system and, after making our blood smoothies, we have looked closer at what is in the blood, what carries it and what our key organs do within this system. We have combined this knowledge with art, using range of skills to create artwork which represents this system. This is something...
I thought I would share Base 2's outstanding portraits. Can you guess who they are? We sketched our faces and then used oil...
Base 5 it has been simply wonderful having your lovely faces back in the classroom, all refreshed and eager to learn. We have had a super first week back, filled with fun and obviously lots of learning! We have played maths games- you can see the tension on the children's faces; could they roll the digit they needed or would it lose the game for them? In our English we have begun our own...