B Cador: December 2019
Christmas at Wrenbury has well and truly started:
- We've sung for Aston WI; at the Wingate Centre's Christmas Winter Wonderland and to our friends at Wrenbury Nursing Home;
- We've hosted a Christmas Fair with the generous support and organisation of FOWS and raised over £1000 for school;
- Children in Y2 have enjoyed a visit to Broomhall Chapel to meet the Nativity characters;
- Base 1 and 2 have led this year's school nativity with their singing and performance of The Inn-spectors;
- Little Wrens, joined by Base 1, have sung Christmas songs for parents
and that is all before we begin our countdown to Christmas in our final week
- KS2 lead a Christmas Carol Service at St Margaret's on Tuesday evening at 6pm, where they will sing a collection of traditional carols — all are welcome to join us!
- We have our Christmas Lunch, ably prepared by Mrs Warner and Mrs Speed, on Wednesday
- Wednesday is also our day for Christmas jumpers and Christmas party fun.
Then, there are only two more busy days to go before we break up for the Christmas holiday and hopefully, at some point, a well-earned rest before an exciting new year begins!
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
This week Base 1 have been busy birds. We have continued with our theme of great British Birds. We have been keeping a lookout around our school and have discovered some birds like to nest in the tower area of our school. We have yet to figure out the type of bird as they fly so quickly we can't see them clearly. Watch this space! We used leaves for some bird craft. We gathered leaves from...
It came to my attention that Sarah Goodwin and Jenny Parry did a 'virtual' midnight walk for St Luke's recently. The Midnight Walk is one of St Luke's biggest annual fundraisers that keeps the finances topped up to deliver the amazing care they offer, not only to those towards end of life but also to their families. A donation however big or small will, I'm sure, be gratefully...
School feels a little more normal with our Y2s and Y6s also in school. We've really missed the children and so it is always good to hear from those still at home. Here's some lovely news from Alfie and Evie.From Amy, Alfie's mum...We hope you are all well. We have had a busy couple of weeks so Alfie has lots to tell you. Today, Alfie has been working on his map. He has created an...