B Cador: June 2017
What a fantastic night the Sound and Wrenbury team had at this year's Townsports!
In our 2nd year, participating as a shared small school team in Group C, we came:
-Group C Track and Field: 2nd place overall winners
Here are our team's track results with particular achievements from the Wrenbury pupils:
- 1st place Y6 boys long jump — 3.45m : William
- 1st place Y6 boys hurdle : Charlie
- 1st place Y4 girls relay: Natalie and Alivia
- 1st place Y3 girls relay: Izabel and Orla
- 1st place Y4 boys beanbag: Harrison
- 1st place Y3 girls hurdles: Izabel
- 2nd place Y4 boys relay: Harrison
- 2nd place Y6 boys beanbag: Ollie
- 2nd place Y6 girls beanbag: Chloe
- 2nd place Y6 boys relay: Ollie, Ben Ha and Ben Ho
- 3rd place Y3 boys relay: Oliver
- 3rd place Y6 boys sprint: Charlie
- 3rd place Y6 girls hurdles: Chloe
- 4th place Y5 boys relay: Max
A big thank you to the whole team including the field eventers from Wrenbury — Max Y5, Charlotte Y5, William Y6 and Chloe Y6 — whose performances helped seal our overall 2nd place. We are so proud of you all!
A very big thank you to Miss Phillips for coordinating the team selection with our Sound School colleagues and for coordinating the whole team tonight alongside Mr Sargeant, Mrs Winward, Mrs Clarke and Mrs Heaton and to Mr Ellis (our Sportscape PE teacher) for his help on Monday night at the Cumberland sports ground.
Next year we should really look the part in our new kit! Good luck on Sunday Mr Whalley!
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
Nancy in Y4 has sketched these amazing eagle and Harpy eagle drawings — I thought you might like to see them. I'm absolutely blown away by our children and their individual talents; I feel very privileged to be able to share in their achievements and successes, whether it's in school or through their online learning at the moment. They really do brighten my day!Also...as nature lovers in...
Erica, Livvy's mum, sent in these amazing sunrise photos above the school. They are really beautiful and uplifting. Thanks for sharing, Erica...
This week in Little Wren we have been learning about Chinese New Year and Pancake Day. Today we have 'made' pancakes and then got to try them with different toppings. We have also done a dragon dance to music to celebrate Chinese New Year which starts...