B Cador: June 2017
What a fantastic night the Sound and Wrenbury team had at this year's Townsports!
In our 2nd year, participating as a shared small school team in Group C, we came:
-Group C Track and Field: 2nd place overall winners
Here are our team's track results with particular achievements from the Wrenbury pupils:
- 1st place Y6 boys long jump — 3.45m : William
- 1st place Y6 boys hurdle : Charlie
- 1st place Y4 girls relay: Natalie and Alivia
- 1st place Y3 girls relay: Izabel and Orla
- 1st place Y4 boys beanbag: Harrison
- 1st place Y3 girls hurdles: Izabel
- 2nd place Y4 boys relay: Harrison
- 2nd place Y6 boys beanbag: Ollie
- 2nd place Y6 girls beanbag: Chloe
- 2nd place Y6 boys relay: Ollie, Ben Ha and Ben Ho
- 3rd place Y3 boys relay: Oliver
- 3rd place Y6 boys sprint: Charlie
- 3rd place Y6 girls hurdles: Chloe
- 4th place Y5 boys relay: Max
A big thank you to the whole team including the field eventers from Wrenbury — Max Y5, Charlotte Y5, William Y6 and Chloe Y6 — whose performances helped seal our overall 2nd place. We are so proud of you all!
A very big thank you to Miss Phillips for coordinating the team selection with our Sound School colleagues and for coordinating the whole team tonight alongside Mr Sargeant, Mrs Winward, Mrs Clarke and Mrs Heaton and to Mr Ellis (our Sportscape PE teacher) for his help on Monday night at the Cumberland sports ground.
Next year we should really look the part in our new kit! Good luck on Sunday Mr Whalley!
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
We have had a fantastic final few days in Base 5.We have completed our Learning Journey books and they showcase the beautiful work that the children have created. They have done ever so well with their learning this year. We enjoyed picnic lunch on Wednesday and have spent some time preparing for our Leaver's assembly. We finished out time in school with our Leaver's assembly...
This week we had our final visit from our hugely talented local artist; Sarah Capper. Over this half term, Sarah has taught us not only about her art and the skills involved in her art but also how she has been able to turn something that she enjoys so much into a business. The children have been truly inspired by this and created some pieces of work which really impressed Sarah. Well done Base...
What a wonderful day! Today we had our sports day- we all enjoyed watching each other race and racing ourselves. We cheered on our fellow house mates and our friends in other classes. I think everyone wore a smile this morning. Thank you Base 4- what a lovey sports day we had. I hope you enjoy the...