B Cador: June 2017
What a fantastic night the Sound and Wrenbury team had at this year's Townsports!
In our 2nd year, participating as a shared small school team in Group C, we came:
-Group C Track and Field: 2nd place overall winners
Here are our team's track results with particular achievements from the Wrenbury pupils:
- 1st place Y6 boys long jump — 3.45m : William
- 1st place Y6 boys hurdle : Charlie
- 1st place Y4 girls relay: Natalie and Alivia
- 1st place Y3 girls relay: Izabel and Orla
- 1st place Y4 boys beanbag: Harrison
- 1st place Y3 girls hurdles: Izabel
- 2nd place Y4 boys relay: Harrison
- 2nd place Y6 boys beanbag: Ollie
- 2nd place Y6 girls beanbag: Chloe
- 2nd place Y6 boys relay: Ollie, Ben Ha and Ben Ho
- 3rd place Y3 boys relay: Oliver
- 3rd place Y6 boys sprint: Charlie
- 3rd place Y6 girls hurdles: Chloe
- 4th place Y5 boys relay: Max
A big thank you to the whole team including the field eventers from Wrenbury — Max Y5, Charlotte Y5, William Y6 and Chloe Y6 — whose performances helped seal our overall 2nd place. We are so proud of you all!
A very big thank you to Miss Phillips for coordinating the team selection with our Sound School colleagues and for coordinating the whole team tonight alongside Mr Sargeant, Mrs Winward, Mrs Clarke and Mrs Heaton and to Mr Ellis (our Sportscape PE teacher) for his help on Monday night at the Cumberland sports ground.
Next year we should really look the part in our new kit! Good luck on Sunday Mr Whalley!
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
A huge thank you to Laura Y4 and Charlie Y3 (and their mum!) for thinking about all the staff working hard in school on such a hot day and bringing us a surprise ice-cream treat. You can imagine how delighted and grateful we all were!Many thanks and happy holidays,Bessa...
Oh Year 6- what can I say? You have been wonderful- I feel so very lucky to have been your teacher, each end every one of you is so very special and you all have such wonderful talents. I know that you will all shine , you have all worked so hard to reach you goals. I look at you now and am so proud of how far you have come. Well done. Your leavers' service was really touching- it is...
What a fabulous last week we had together in Base 1! The week started with a visit from Pear Tree school's reception class and Base 1 were fabulous hosts; the children showed our visitors around our village confidently and had a picnic lunch on the field. We were busy rehearsing for the year 6 leavers service throughout the week, all of the children supported the year 6 with their...