B Cador: June 2017
What a fantastic night the Sound and Wrenbury team had at this year's Townsports!
In our 2nd year, participating as a shared small school team in Group C, we came:
-Group C Track and Field: 2nd place overall winners
Here are our team's track results with particular achievements from the Wrenbury pupils:
- 1st place Y6 boys long jump — 3.45m : William
- 1st place Y6 boys hurdle : Charlie
- 1st place Y4 girls relay: Natalie and Alivia
- 1st place Y3 girls relay: Izabel and Orla
- 1st place Y4 boys beanbag: Harrison
- 1st place Y3 girls hurdles: Izabel
- 2nd place Y4 boys relay: Harrison
- 2nd place Y6 boys beanbag: Ollie
- 2nd place Y6 girls beanbag: Chloe
- 2nd place Y6 boys relay: Ollie, Ben Ha and Ben Ho
- 3rd place Y3 boys relay: Oliver
- 3rd place Y6 boys sprint: Charlie
- 3rd place Y6 girls hurdles: Chloe
- 4th place Y5 boys relay: Max
A big thank you to the whole team including the field eventers from Wrenbury — Max Y5, Charlotte Y5, William Y6 and Chloe Y6 — whose performances helped seal our overall 2nd place. We are so proud of you all!
A very big thank you to Miss Phillips for coordinating the team selection with our Sound School colleagues and for coordinating the whole team tonight alongside Mr Sargeant, Mrs Winward, Mrs Clarke and Mrs Heaton and to Mr Ellis (our Sportscape PE teacher) for his help on Monday night at the Cumberland sports ground.
Next year we should really look the part in our new kit! Good luck on Sunday Mr Whalley!
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
A huge congratulations to blue team who won he most house points this week. Fantastic work as well to all our achieve, star learner and reading award winners.Finally, well done to Base 5 for winning this week's attendance golden ticket with 99.3%Have a fantastic half term. Don't forget your reading challenge, rest and enjoy...
Wrenbury's new KS2 school council met for the first time at lunchtime today to start work on their plans for the rest of the year.Our reps from Base 3, 4 and 5 discussed their role, how they will listen to their classmates and discuss what they would like to improve the school and how they will work together in meetings.The council decided they would elect a chairperson who would make...
We had a great week celebrating history throughout school last week. Every class used their historical skills to research and learn all about significant people that have made a significant difference to us. The children then presented their learning to the rest of the school at the end of the...