B Cador: June 2017
A number of THANK YOUs are needed!
We would like to thank:
- 'Fun In a Field for a Fiver' event organisers where 1/4 of the profits will come to school. Do please support the event on Saturday. The children have the first slot at 2pm!
- Mr Whalley (one of our governors) for fundraising for Sports competition kits for our school teams at the forthcoming Cholmondeley Castle Triathlon. Please support by donating to his 'Just giving' page or send in a donation to school.
- Staff and FOWS for organising Film Night next Thursday after school. More information shortly.
- Mrs Goodwin (Olivia's mum), Mrs Waters (Xander's mum) and Mrs May (Harry's mum) for recent donations to support the teaching and learning in school including books and role play costumes.
- Mrs Heath (Ruby's mum) for volunteering to run a refreshment stall at our forthcoming Sports Day on 4th July.
- Mrs Griffin (EYFS TA) for the generous donation of the 'Wendy House', which has been reconstructed as 'The Shed' by Mr Cador and Mr Eaton in the EYFS outdoor area.
- Mrs Clarke (Iona's mum) for running our Gardening Club and encouraging our youngsters to be green fingered.
- Mrs Falding (Charlie and Laura's gran) for her donation of the book 'You wouldn't want to live without bees!'
- Mrs Midwinter (Charlie and Laura's mum) for helping with the 'Don't bin it tin it' collections. Do please keep sending them in — two full bins filled so far!
- Mr and Mrs Jones (Charlotte's grandparents) for regularly helping in Base 4
- Mrs Higham (a member of the community) for donating some non-fiction books for the library.
- All the staff at Wrenbury school for going the extra mile to make school a lovely, caring place for our pupils to learn.
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
We've had a great time this week in Base 4. We've continued out work on properties of materials, investigating thermal insulators, dissolving and methods of separating materials. The children made some fantastic observations when finding out if materials were soluble or insoluble and lots of scientific inquiry was on display. I was impressed with how well the children used the...
We have been budding scientists this week. After reading our class text 'The Garbage King', we decided that Mamo needed a new mattress as we felt that a straw one probably wasn't that comfy. Before we could even think about making them, we needed to investigate the properties of the materials that we found on the 'garbage dump'. We couldn't make a mattress without...
We've spent a lot more time than normal inside this week in Base 1 thanks to all the wet weather, but this has meant that we've had a chance to explore our new 'construction zone'. We have created a space where buildings and models can be kept on display when they are finished. To earn the right to do this the children must write a sentence or a label about their model and display...