B Cador: October 2017
Thank you to staff for leading the Reading Workshop on Monday.
The event and its content were well received by those who attended.
All completed an evaluation and were unanimous that they strongly agreed or agreed in their responses to the following statements:
- The aims of the workshop were achieved.
- The presentation was well organised.
- The content of the workshop was relevant.
- The presentation was informative and useful.
- The quality of the learning materials and resources was good.
- What I have learned will support me in helping my child with their reading
- The venue and set up for the presentation was appropriate.
Here is a flavour of the additional comments given:
- This workshop was brilliant. I have so much more to bring to the table when reading with my children. Thank you.
- I found this very informative and helpful. I am lucky because both M and L love reading but knowing how I can encourage them further is fantastic.
- Very, very useful. Lots of little things I can do at home to help the children on a daily basis.
- It's great to get more information about how the children are taught.
- Thank you for putting on this workshop. It is really great to see what the children are working on and how much they can benefit from reading regularly. Very useful!
Parents appreciated being able to bring the children, which alleviated childcare difficulties for some and enabled them to attend.
Our next workshop is a maths workshop on Monday 20 November at 6pm. Do come along.
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
We're halfway through a very busy half term, but there's no let up in the effort and energy Base 4 are putting into their learning.This week, we spent some time looking at the UN Global Goals for Sustainable Development and explored some of the challenges which the world faces between now and 2030. We started by being told to draw a picture, but Mr Lindop had not given enough crayons...
We have had a lovely busy week of learning in Base 1. We have enjoyed retelling and reliving our village trip from last week and have even made our own mini Wrenbury using junk modelling materials! The reception children have also drawn their own story maps and written a recount, they worked so hard on them and made me very proud. This week we have also been learning about 'good health and...
Well done to all of the children who have received an ACHIEVE award this week. A great final week of this half term. All of Base 2 managed to achieve the award this week, super work this half term.Another week of super readers, well done to all of the children who are pushing themselves with their reading! Our veg detective this week is Issac for checking to see if the plants had enough water...