B Cador: October 2017
Thank you to staff for leading the Reading Workshop on Monday.
The event and its content were well received by those who attended.
All completed an evaluation and were unanimous that they strongly agreed or agreed in their responses to the following statements:
- The aims of the workshop were achieved.
- The presentation was well organised.
- The content of the workshop was relevant.
- The presentation was informative and useful.
- The quality of the learning materials and resources was good.
- What I have learned will support me in helping my child with their reading
- The venue and set up for the presentation was appropriate.
Here is a flavour of the additional comments given:
- This workshop was brilliant. I have so much more to bring to the table when reading with my children. Thank you.
- I found this very informative and helpful. I am lucky because both M and L love reading but knowing how I can encourage them further is fantastic.
- Very, very useful. Lots of little things I can do at home to help the children on a daily basis.
- It's great to get more information about how the children are taught.
- Thank you for putting on this workshop. It is really great to see what the children are working on and how much they can benefit from reading regularly. Very useful!
Parents appreciated being able to bring the children, which alleviated childcare difficulties for some and enabled them to attend.
Our next workshop is a maths workshop on Monday 20 November at 6pm. Do come along.
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
This week we wanted to share our science and artwork with you all.We have been learning about the circulatory system and, after making our blood smoothies, we have looked closer at what is in the blood, what carries it and what our key organs do within this system. We have combined this knowledge with art, using range of skills to create artwork which represents this system. This is something...
I thought I would share Base 2's outstanding portraits. Can you guess who they are? We sketched our faces and then used oil...
Base 5 it has been simply wonderful having your lovely faces back in the classroom, all refreshed and eager to learn. We have had a super first week back, filled with fun and obviously lots of learning! We have played maths games- you can see the tension on the children's faces; could they roll the digit they needed or would it lose the game for them? In our English we have begun our own...