B Cador: October 2017
Thank you to staff for leading the Reading Workshop on Monday.
The event and its content were well received by those who attended.
All completed an evaluation and were unanimous that they strongly agreed or agreed in their responses to the following statements:
- The aims of the workshop were achieved.
- The presentation was well organised.
- The content of the workshop was relevant.
- The presentation was informative and useful.
- The quality of the learning materials and resources was good.
- What I have learned will support me in helping my child with their reading
- The venue and set up for the presentation was appropriate.
Here is a flavour of the additional comments given:
- This workshop was brilliant. I have so much more to bring to the table when reading with my children. Thank you.
- I found this very informative and helpful. I am lucky because both M and L love reading but knowing how I can encourage them further is fantastic.
- Very, very useful. Lots of little things I can do at home to help the children on a daily basis.
- It's great to get more information about how the children are taught.
- Thank you for putting on this workshop. It is really great to see what the children are working on and how much they can benefit from reading regularly. Very useful!
Parents appreciated being able to bring the children, which alleviated childcare difficulties for some and enabled them to attend.
Our next workshop is a maths workshop on Monday 20 November at 6pm. Do come along.
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
Well done Team Wrenbury on another week of achievements! We have celebrated our 'star achievers' again this week and congratulated Base 2 for having the highest attendance for last week in school, even despite the various bugs, coughs and colds that we inevitably have to contend with at this time of year- so well done.Also super news for yellow team- earning the most team points for the...
Please find attached the Annual Governor's Reports to Parents...
Another busy week has flown by in Base 3. This week, we were amazed by water! We began learning about the water cycle by drinking water that was billions of years old! The water we were drinking may have been sucked up by the trunk of a woolly mammoth or even supped Tutankhamun! The children loved the thought of this and we then learnt about the water cycle — the best recycling system! This...