The Government provides 'substantial primary school sport funding'. This funding is jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and sees money going directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE provision for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
In 2017-18, the school will receive £15,984.00
This will be invested in ensuring that all children receive a minimum of 2 hours, outstanding Physical Education and are active for at least 30minutes a day in school. We will also ensure that all pupils gain access to activity at home through unique physical training plans and that all children can access extra curricular activity through Lunch and After School Clubs and through school teams as part of our membership with CNSSP.
How we spent the Sports Funding 2017-18 and who benefitted?
- Membership to the CNSSP to ensure access to all competitions and support from our School Games Partner
- Membership to the Youth Sports Trust to drive forward high quality in PE
- Maths of the Day to ensure activity in school is cross curricular — annual subscription
- Sportscape to provide in class CPD to teachers and TAs and further support to the subject lead
- Employ PE specialist to support school's PE Coordinator (subject lead) to coordinate PE across school YR-Y6 for the academic year, attend CNSSP meetings, coordinate PE clubs and teams for competitions.
- Amaven Platform to track and monitor the impact of School Sport and PE, to provide individual children with challenges and teachers with planning resources
- Total Gymnastics to extend the knowledge base of teachers and opportunities for children
- Sportscape to provide lunch clubs every Thursday to ensure all children have access to extra curricular activity
- Lifesaving lessons for those swimmers that are able to progress (Y5/6 Summer term)
- Traversing wall — increase sport / phyiscal opportunities in play and PE lessons
School achievements:Sainsbury's School Games Gold Award 2017-18All 11 children in Year 6 (2017-18) were able to swim 25m by the end of year 6.
Townsports June 18
Starting our 3rd year of participation in Townsports we were promoted from Group C to Group B.
We achieved Group B 2nd Place Overall
Please read out PE at Wrenbury Primary School 2017-18 report for further information (see bottom of photos).