B Cador: October 2017
Thank you to staff for leading the Reading Workshop on Monday.
The event and its content were well received by those who attended.
All completed an evaluation and were unanimous that they strongly agreed or agreed in their responses to the following statements:
- The aims of the workshop were achieved.
- The presentation was well organised.
- The content of the workshop was relevant.
- The presentation was informative and useful.
- The quality of the learning materials and resources was good.
- What I have learned will support me in helping my child with their reading
- The venue and set up for the presentation was appropriate.
Here is a flavour of the additional comments given:
- This workshop was brilliant. I have so much more to bring to the table when reading with my children. Thank you.
- I found this very informative and helpful. I am lucky because both M and L love reading but knowing how I can encourage them further is fantastic.
- Very, very useful. Lots of little things I can do at home to help the children on a daily basis.
- It's great to get more information about how the children are taught.
- Thank you for putting on this workshop. It is really great to see what the children are working on and how much they can benefit from reading regularly. Very useful!
Parents appreciated being able to bring the children, which alleviated childcare difficulties for some and enabled them to attend.
Our next workshop is a maths workshop on Monday 20 November at 6pm. Do come along.
popular recent articlesAlso in the news
Enjoy the photos! Colin, our caretaker, deserved a well-earned 'cuppa' after not only ensuring the school was warm but that the entrances to school were clear in readiness for another busy day in...
Base 1 and 2 had their dress rehearsal today in readiness for their Nativity . This year it is called 'Tea-towels and Tinsel'.Bases 3 and 4 sat in to watch and it was lovely to welcome the pre-school children, too, as part of their extended transition. Before the Nativity started, the pre-schoolers shared their rendition of When Santa fell down the chimney. It was lovely, with...
Having spent time watching the children enjoy playing in our wonderful winter wonderland at Wrenbury at playtime, I received, in the post, a lovely surprise.It was a parcel of four books: The Roaring Rainbow; Shadow on the Run; Alligator Snaps (Poems for children) and The Sleeping Force. Included in the parcel was a handwritten message from the books' author, Dennis Carter. It...
St Margaret's Church