Wrenbury Primary School has set up a Parent Forum with the following Terms of reference:
- The opportunity to join the Parent Forum is open to all parents/carers.
- There will be a maximum of two parent representatives per year group.
- In the case where more than two nominations per year group are received for the parent representative, elections will be held.
- Each representative will sit on the parent forum for the academic year.
- A parent representative is able to sit on the Parent Forum for more than one year should they wish to nominate themselves and if no more than two nominations are put forward for the year group.
- The Parent Forum will meet each half term.
- The Parent Forum will collectively agree the focus for each meeting.
- The representatives will actively seek the views of parents in their year group to ensure that as many views as possible are represented in meetings.
- The Forum is not in place to address concerns about an individual child, member of staff or governor. Parents who need to discuss these issues should approach their class teacher or the head-teacher, as appropriate.
- The Parent Forum does not arrange social events/fundraising; this is the role of the 'Friends of Wrenbury School'.
- Discussions held will be open and honest. However, the school reserves the right to keep some matters confidential.
- Issues raised at the Parent Forum may be brought to relevant groups' attention. This could include teachers, support staff or Governors.
- Minutes of the meetings will be shared with school community on the school's website and as a paper copy.
The aims of the Parent Forum are:
- To support and promote children's learning
- To help the school find out what parents and carers think about important issues
- To involve parents and carers actively in school decisions
- To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for our pupils
Our nominated parent representatives are:
| Year R || Rachel Walker || Jenny Parry|
| Year 1 || Sally White |
| Year 2 || Tracey Innis|
| Year 3 || Caroil Rogerson || Rachel Howell |
| Year 4 || Lorraine Cooke|| Lydia Jones |
| Year 5 || Jo Heath || |
It has been agreed that the parent representatives will move up with their child's year group for 2017-18. We will look to have a parent representative from our new intake in September to join the Parent Forum so that all year group parents and carers have a voice.