Wrenbury Community Primary School was established in 1876. The splendid Grade II building still exists, although it has been extended over the years. The first extension to the existing building was completed in 1987, which resulted in two new infant classroom bases, a communal work area, an infant cloakroom and indoor toilets for pupils and staff. The extension was sympathetically designed and has greatly enhanced the building. Much work has been undertaken in the old building to update its appearance and care is taken to create an environment which is stimulating and attractive.
At present, there are five classroom bases. There is also a sixth base available for use by all classes. This room is multi-purpose; it has recently been refurbished and is now our library. French and music lessons are held in this room along with intervention, group and class activities. There is also a multi-purpose hall, fully equipped with P.E. apparatus. The staffroom is positioned on a second floor, with a wonderful view over the school's grounds towards the village and, looking beyond, to the fields that make our school setting so fantastic. There are two sports fields, a hard-core area, which surrounds the building, and two nature areas on the site including a pond. There is a new outdoor classroom (October 2015) located next to the pond. A school garden has also been developed and new area for outdoor learning, which we call 'The Forest' continues to be developed between the school garden and school house. The school has use of the multi-use sports facility adjacent to the school field, and the village tennis courts.
The sketch was drawn by Ed Forshaw, a former Chair of Governors.