Leadership and Management Committee Terms of Reference 2017Vision, values and ethosStrategic PlanningFinance and the School's Financial Values StandardStaffing, recruitment and well-beingPremisesTraining
This committee oversees the work of the school related to:
Membership: The committee shall consist of not less than five governors. Member ship shall include the
Head-teacher and at least two non-employees.The committee may make recommendations
to the governing body for co-option of non-governors members and advise whether or not
such members should be given a vote.
Quorum: Three governors which include the head or SLT member and two governors who are not an
employee of the school.
Meetings: Once per term, or more frequently if deemed necessary by the majority of members.
Chair: Non-employee to be elected by the full governing body.
Accountability: The committee will report back to the governing body by submitting minutes which record
decisions made, actions to be taken and/or recommendations for consideration.
- to oversee the strategic framework, established by the governing body, within which the Headteacher and staff run the school and to focus on standards and school improvement
- to contribute, in collaboration with the head and staff, to establishing, monitoring and evaluating sections of the School Improvement Plan relating to the leadership, finance, staffing and management of the school
- to keep relevant sections of the Self-Evaluation Document under review and update as necessary
- to establish, monitor the impact of, and review all the school's plans, policies and procedures relating to staffing, finance, leadership & management
- to draw up the annual budget for approval by the full governing body and submission to the LA in line with statutory guidance and timescales
- to monitor and evaluate expenditure of all monies generated by the school including grants and unofficial funds to ensure that spending provides best value and is linked to the school's agreed priorities
- to ensure that the Governing Body, Headteacher and relevant staff are managing finance in accordance with the school's Scheme of Financial Delegation & Control and the Council's Standing Orders, Financial Regulations for Schools and the School Financial Regulations and Guidance
- to comply with all the requirements of the Schools Financial Value Standard (SFVS)
- to provide financial information to the LA as required and respond to recommendations made by the City Treasurer following internal audit of the school
- to appoint independent auditors to audit unofficial funds and submit audited accounts annually to the governing body for information
- to ensure that all insurances provide adequate cover
- to maintain a Register of Pecuniary Interests of governors and members of staff with financial responsibility
- to keep the staff structure under review at least annually in response to the changing needs of the school and make recommendations to the governing body for amendments as necessary
- to ensure that all staffing matters are dealt with in line with employment law and agreed procedures and that no member of staff or job applicant is discriminated against on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age or disability
- to establish panels for the appointment of teaching staff (except Headteacher and Deputy vacancies) consisting of the Headteacher and/or representative(s) and at least one member of the governing body
- to ensure that the training and development of staff and governors is linked to the school's agreed priorities and monitor the impact of training on standards
- to ensure that the school has effective systems of mentoring and inducting new members of staff and governors
- to promote the health and welfare of staff
- to liaise with, consult with, and provide information to, parents and the wider community on matters relating to the school's aims, improvement plans, expenditure and staff development as necessary